- Babysitters should be aware of contact information and familiarize themselves with it when they arrive
- Do find and play age appropriate games or activities with the children, always giving them your undivided attention
- Do Clean-up! Whether you have the kids help along the way or tidy up after the kids are in bed or down for a nap, trust me, the parents will be super grateful!
- Do always keep safety in mind. Make sure doors and windows are locked and children are kept away ftom things like pots on the stove or uncovered electrical outlets.
- Make or receive personal phone calls
- Watch TV or surf the internet while the children are still awake
- Open the door or answer home phone calls unless the parents tell you to or that they are expecting a visitor or a call.
- Don't make any assumptions. Always clarify bedtimes, routines, allergies, etc.
(Sourced from Parenthood.com; Everyday Etiquette with Diane Gottsman)