Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Twitter + Etiquette = Twitterquette

Are we all twitter now?!?
Well, some of us are.. so for those of you who are tweetastic, this is for you!!
A Few Twittering Don'ts :
Asking too many silly questions

Swearing (judged by saying a word your grandmother would shudder at)

Twittering when drinking (as judged by slur in text)

Responding to your own twitter question

Responding to someone you follow when they don't follow you (so can't see you)

If responding directly to a person you must insert @ in front of the persons user name @smith. This way only people who are following both people involved with receive the Tweets.
But if you use @ you must place it at the beginning of the Tweet or it will still be forwarded to all your followers.
P.S. If you are on Twitter... Let's be friends!!!
My name is: @abdesigns



2 comments:

Nikki Cogg said...

Hi Ashley! I'm a long time follower of your blog and I have an etiquette question. I tried to send this via email but your info@ashleybrookedesigns.com doesn't seem to be working, I recieved notification that it wasn't recieved.

I have a birthday party coming up on Saturday at my house with my family and family-in-law. My family tends to go a little overboard with gifts (they're very generous) and I was wondering if it's appropriate to open all of my gifts in front of everyone, especially my in-laws who probably did not spend as much. I don't want them to feel out of place or uncomfortable. When my husband and I had our housewarming party, we were planning to open the gifts in private after our guests had gone home. However, everyone was asking us if we could open their gifts before they left. I prefer to do it in private, but my family might want me to do while they're there, which is what I used to do before I was married and didn't have any in-laws present.

I am just wondering what the proper etiquette would be regarding this issue.

Thank you!!
Nikki Coggiola

http://nikkicogg.blogspot.com/

Kate said...

I am confused by twitter. I hope I am not annoying all my followers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails