Monday, March 1, 2010

When to Send?

Good Morning!  I can't believe it's already the first day of March!! 2010 is flying by.  This morning and Wednesday I will be posting on the It's Better Together blog.  It's Better Together is a group of creative professionals and entrepreneurs that meets periodically in the central Florida area.  I love being a part of this group and I'm thrilled they've asked me to post on the blog.

While thumbing through my Emily Post's Etiquette the other day I came across a list that I thought was particularly helpful.  When sending invitations, sometimes it's hard to know when to send which type of invitation.  So direct from from Ms. Post, here is the run-down on invitation mailings.

Wedding Invitations: 6-8 weeks
Anniversary Party: 3-6 weeks
Bar or Bat Mitzvah: 1 month
Bon Voyage: Last minute to 3 weeks
Charity Ball: 6 weeks to 3 months
Christmas Party: 1 month
Cocktail Party: 1-4 weeks
Debutante Ball: 6 weeks to 3 months
Formal Dinner: 3-6 weeks
Graduation Party: 3 weeks
Housewarming Party: Few days to 3 weeks
Lunch or Tea: Few days to 2 weeks
Thanksgiving Dinner: 2 weeks to 2 months


Content and Illustrations ©2010 Ashley Brooke Designs. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails