Thursday, March 11, 2010

Ashley Brooke Designs:Nosy Questions

Inevitably, you will enter into conversation with someone who is nosy and has no qualms about asking the most inappropriate questions.  Before I was engaged/married I was constantly asked "When are you getting married?" or "Why aren't you engaged yet?"  It was such an odd question!  So here are some responses per Miss Emily Post herself, that can stop nosy conversationalists in their tracks.

When are you going to have children?
-"Who Knows?"
-"That's a pretty big decision, I'd rather not talk about right now"

How old are you?
-"34 and holding"
-"Old enough to know better"

Have you been sick?
-"Actually I feel great"
-"Why do you ask, do I look tired?"

How much did you pay for that?
-"Only what it's worth"
-"Wouldn't you like to know!"

Here are a few stock answers that will work for a variety of nosy questions:
" Why do you ask", "What does that have to do with anything?", "Sorry, I just prefer not to discuss such things"




Content and Illustrations ©2010 Ashley Brooke Designs. All Rights Reserved.



1 comment:

Posh Peach said...

I get asked all the time "when are you getting engaged?". Lately my answer is - "I'm waiting in line. My sister got married in December and my boyfriend's brother is getting married this summer." Don't know what Ms. Post would think about it, but that's my answer I'm sticking to it for now. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails